Monday, November 7, 2011

Mississippi River Day 76 (Mile #943, 1384.5 miles)

Today was my longest day yet, hoping to catch up to the other two guys. 
It was a nice night last night, warm and peaceful, so I was ready for a very full day.

There was a bit of a headwind all day, but the current helped out again.
at milemarker 18 I found a fresh campfire, so I knew they had camped there for the night. That means that they are getting farther ahead, which I thought was likely. It also prompted the longer day today.

I hit the Ohio river in the afternoon, where the current seemed to die out. That also means goodbye to Illinois and on to Kentucky.

I ended up going a bit past dark, just trying to get in extra miles, but I'm not sure how far ahead of me the other two are.

No comments:

Post a Comment