Wednesday, April 3, 2013

FLT Day 22: Kimmie leanto, 16 miles

A relatively rough day, more so mentally than physically. I keep waiting for no snow, but it doesn't seem to be happening. A few more flurries today, to add to the depths that are already on the ground.

Today did warm up a bit around mid day when the sun broke through now and again. Unfortunately that only meant that the snow got mushy and I postholed for a while.

The good news is that tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's. That will still leave snow on the ground, but it's a start.

I also met my first hiker on the trail today, besides Chenango. One of the local maintainers was out for a day hike to check his section. I thanked him for his work and shared a bit about my hike. The best part of the meeting was that after that there were fresh footprints for me to follow. They stopped at the next road crossing, but it was still nice while it lasted. I also got to follow some cross country ski tracks got a little while, which was a change of pace. IMG_3070
IMG_3071
IMG_3069

No comments:

Post a Comment