Friday, April 19, 2013

FLT Day 38: Farmersville campsite, 12 miles

I woke up to an early start, partially since I wasn't in a leanto, and partially because of roosters and dogs. The joys of camping near civilization.

After going around a few more farm fields I got back into some state forest, where I met two Amish men, with what basically amounted to Amish ATVs. Essentially horse drawn carts with extra big wheels, intended for off road travel. Soon after I heard them start up chainsaws. Not quite in keeping with the traditional stereotypes.

Most of the middle of the day was roadwalking on more backcountry roads. Part way through it started raining, then kept getting worse and worse, in addition to an already windy day. By the time I got to a good camping spot it was pouring pretty good, so I called it quits there and set up camp, even though there was still plenty of time left in the day. Rained for the rest of the day, and progressively colder as well.

IMG_3158
Somewhere along the way I managed to lose my sunglasses as well. I went back a bit to try to find them, but no luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment