Friday, December 9, 2011

Mississippi River Day 108 (Natchez, MS, 1963.5 miles)

Another cold day, but I pushed out early wanting to get into Natchez before the library closed.
In the afternoon I got hit with a bit of rush hour barge traffic, with 16 barges passing me non-stop for about 2 hours.

When I got to town I hit the library, mainly to see what had happened to the other guys, since we had planned on trying to meet up again. It turned out that Davy was back about 20 miles after getting a late start figuring things out with the guy that had shown up to paddle with him for the rest of the trip.

When I left the library I found Greg and Michael's boat on the ramp next to mine, so I knew they were somewhere in town. I wandered around trying to find them until eventually Michael popped out of a bar and flagged me down. We debated getting a room for the night, and finally decided on a place right next to the bar. It was nice to get a shower, laundry, and warm room for the night again.

No comments:

Post a Comment