Wednesday, March 13, 2013

FLT Day 8: Ludlow leanto 15.4 miles

Today I woke to a nice shining sun and actually got my first glimpse of trail. The rain had melted quite a bit of snow, and in places the path was actually showing through.

It was also the first day that I felt like I was actually hiking, rather than just trudging. The trail is pretty wet in a lot of places, so I am still getting soaked.

Probably the best part of the day through was Chenango showing up at one of the road crossings. I had sent him my rough schedule, since I knew he lived in the area. Apparently he had been trying to track me down, but ket missing, either being too late, or from me taking alternate routes. But today we finally connected. He brought some assorted goodies for trail magic and we were able to catch up a bit from the past year and a half since I met him on the Florida trail.

I think we spent a bit too long talking, since I ended up getting caught in a snowstorm at the end of the day.

I ended up at Ludlow leanto, which is a very nice spot overlooking a river. A relatively recent leanto, but I can imagine it being a great summer spot for swimming in the river.

Apparently tomorrow I have several waterfalls to look forward to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment