Thursday, April 4, 2013

FLT Day 23: Shindago leanto, 10 miles

I didn't sleep very well last night, and I'm not sure why. Up all night tossing and turning. When I finally woke up I seemed fine, but after I got going it felt like I was moving in slow motion. My feet were raw after the longer day yesterday in the snow. My muscles ached, especially my Achilles tendon. All in all, not a good start to the day.

IMG_3073
The major saving grace for the day was the temperature. It was mostly sunny all day, and got up to at least 50. At one point I was hiking in a tshirt and still getting hot. I hope the snow dies a painful death, but also a very quick one. I think the next couple of days are supposed to be similar temperature, so I can only hope.

The leanto tonight is quite nice. It's located on a slight rise, with a river curving around it on three sides. There is a nice waterfall in the river that I will get to listen to all night long. It's even in the middle of a pine forest. The pines made everything a bit colder, but still a nice place for the night.
IMG_3078

No comments:

Post a Comment