Thursday, April 11, 2013

FLT Day 30: Moss Hill leanto, 14 miles

More rain in the morning, but not as late in the day. I packed up and set off on a damp cold day, hoping to make it to the next leanto before another storm hit. Given the past couple of days I figured rain was likely in the early evening, so I had a cutoff.

Given to cold and the likely rain I wanted to finish as quick as possible, so I did the entire 14 miles without a break, even to eat a snack. It ended up working, since I got into the leanto about an hour before another rainstorm hit. However I'm not sure it was such a good idea. Once I got into the shelter and stopped moving I pretty much crashed. Shivering and cold, even wearing all my layers for below freezing weather.

After eating a few snacks and huddling in my sleeping bag for a while I was able to quickly recover enough to make dinner and get officially set up for the night.
IMG_3122

No comments:

Post a Comment