Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pinhoti Trail Day 13

Today was a very slow day. I felt like I was moving in slow motion the whole day. It is probably due to yesterday being a long day, including all the time spent trying to hitch, when I was out in direct sun.

Fortunately, I had planned on this being a shorter day anyways, due to the shelter spacing, so it all worked out. After last night I had actually talked myself into doing a 24 today, based on advice from 65 that there was a nice campground and camp hosts that he knew there that were very hiker friendly. After the first few miles today that idea got scrapped.

Even with going slow today I still got into the shelter early in the afternoon. I didn't feel like I could push on so I stayed put and relaxed for the last few hours of the day. Hopefully tomorrow I feel a bit more motivated, because today wasn't a good day.

222.7 miles down

No comments:

Post a Comment