Friday, March 30, 2012

Pinhoti Trail Day 16

Today there were several nice waterfalls, so I picked one to stop at for lunch, and had a nice long break there. Unfortunately it was a bit too long, since I ended up getting caught in rain near the end of the day.

At first when it started raining I set up my tarp and decided to wait it out, since the sky looked like it was clearing. In about half an hour it did clear off, so I set out again. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes later it started raining again, even harder. By that point I was already wet, so I just kept going, planning to dry out at the shelter that was a few miles away.

It poured for the rest of the day, so I was happy to be at the Blue Mountain shelter, which had a loft and everything. I spread out all of my soaking wet gear, hoping to dry off a bit. The good part about the rain is that the water source for the shelter was far away. Instead I just hung up my tarp and funneled the rain into my water bottles. No treatment needed.

276.7 miles down

No comments:

Post a Comment