Friday, March 23, 2012

Pinhoti Trail Day 9

Last night it rained off and on all night, and continued into the morning. I had been planning on taking a nero anyways, so I stayed in my hammock just reading for most of the day until around 4:00pm. My kindle has saved my sanity once again. By 4:00 pm the rain had cleared off and it had gotten sunny. Since I was hiking on a rails to trails project anyways it wasn't too bad. There were a few bridges that were knocked out, so there was a ford or two, but my feet were already soaked from puddles anyways, so it didn't really make a difference.

I ended up getting to a railroad trestle right around dark, which was my original plan anyways, since there wasn't any legal camping on the rails to trails path. I ended up stealthing just off to the side of the trestle, and I could actually look down the ravine a few hundred feet and see the bridge that the road traffic took.

A nice short relaxing day, partly to rest up physically, and partly because it lines me up nicely for a roadwalk tomorrow.

152.1 miles down

No comments:

Post a Comment