Monday, October 24, 2011

Mississippi River Day 62 (Angle Island, 1069 miles)

Last night it rained a bit, and was really windy. I had to get up in the middle of the night to re-tie my tarp a bit, since it was flapping around a lot. I decided to sleep in a bit because of the storm, figuring it would be a nasty day, but it cleared up quite a bit.

At 4 miles in I hit another lock, but the lock tenders seemed very apathetic, like it was just another boring day at work, which I guess it was.

The river was pretty calm today, which was nice, but it ended up getting pretty hot. The entire day I felt isolated because there was no traffic at all on the river, either barges or fishermen.

I ended the day just outside of town, lining up for a short day tomorrow, since there is supposed to be a lot of wind all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment