Friday, October 28, 2011

Mississippi River Day 66 (Dardenne Island, 1125.5 miles)

Today I passed lock#25. I had to wait for 2 barges to go through, which took about an hour and half, and then I found out that their pull cord was broken, so I couldn't signal the lock tenders. Instead I had to yell until they noticed me, which took a while. Not very fun. The whole thing took about 2 and a half hours, so I didn't think I would be able to make very many miles today, but it still worked out.

I had planned on spending the night on and island around mile 20, but the entire island was marked with private property no trespassing signs, so I kept going a bit.

Towards the end of the day there were a bunch of nice bluff, and some of them had some interesting caves carved into them by the water. It seems like the fall colors are finally coming to an end, but they are still nice to look at.

I was also attacked by a fish today. It jumped out of the water and headbutted the side of my boat. Pretty stupid fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment